Monday 19 November 2012

Turkish Delicacies

It's been quiet some time since a new post went up here. Anyway, in the beginning of the year I decided to write for a teen magazine called "Muslimah Girls Magazine". I took up the job of contributing recipes to the mag, hoping that atleast this way I will try out new recipes and learn to cook! :P

It so happened that the first edition I was supposed to contribute to, the mag started a world tour theme, where each edition will be based on a country. So the first country we started with was Turkey, and since I took the responsibility of giving in recipes, I was expected to contribute Turkish recipe. Now, I being an extremely amateur cook, it's more than sufficient if I learn to cook "ghar-ka-khana" but now I was in this place where I had  to submit "Turkish" recipe. After much thought, I then realised that this would be a good way to learn some foreign cuisine right.. so I should go for it! ;) well atleast I would learn a dish or two?



So, I went to the most awesome website on web - Google.com ofcourse :D and began my quest for
some Turkish delicacies! :D The drawback though here was that I had NEVER tasted anything Turkish! The only place I had heard of something of it was "Turkish delight" in Chronicles of Narnia -Part 1 :D And since that recipe looked very complicated.. I decided to ignore that! Also, I did not want to copy paste and send in my contribution, I wanted to try it out at home too! Finally, I came across and awesome blog with all turkish recipes, and with a little more research I decided on 2 sweet dishes. I was able to try out just one of them though! But it did turn out well, alhumdulillah(all praise if for Allah)!! :D Here are the snapshot's of the recipes that I contributed and were published in the Feb 2012 issue of the magazine :) Do try them out! :)


P.S. I love this magazine! It has a lot of cool stuff for teenage muslimahs, you must subscribe for it! Plus it's absolutely free, so what do you have to lose? ;) Click Here to subscribe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment